National Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Invites Nominations for different Awards for the Biennium 2021-2022
(Last date for receipt of Nominations is March 31, 2022)
The National Academy of Agricultural Sciences has instituted various Awards for recognizing significant contributions of senior, middle level and young scientists to promote agricultural research. These awards are presented biennially at the time of Agricultural Sciences Congress. Nominations for the under mentioned categories of Awards are invited for the year 2021-2022. Nominations may be submitted to the Academy by Fellows of NAAS; Former NAAS Awardees; DG/DDGs/ADGs of ICAR; Secretaries of Scientific Departments of Government of India; Presidents of Science Academies; Directors/Joint Directors of ICAR Research Institutes/ NRCs/Project Directorates; Heads of Institutions of CSIR, ICMR; Vice Chancellors/ Directors/Deans of SAUs/CAUs; Chairman UGC, ASRB, BARC; Principal Scientific Advisors, GOI; Presidents of all Professional Societies in the field of Agriculture; Heads of CGIAR Centres.
SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
I. MEMORIAL AWARDS
These awards are for life time contributions to the cause of Indian Agriculture including Research, Education and Transfer of Technology. The Awardee’s contribution should have been recognized nationally/internationally and supported by significant publications. The Awardee shall be a distinguished Scientist above 55 years in age.
1. Dr. B.P. Pal Memorial Award for Excellence in Agricultural Sciences: This award is the apex award of the Academy. It is given once in two years for singular outstanding overall contribution to agriculture. The awardee can be from any branch of science relevant to agriculture. The award consists of a scroll, a silver plaque of value not exceeding Rs. 1,00,000/-
2. Dr. K. Ramiah Award: For outstanding contributions in Agricultural Research in Plant Production including Genetics, Plant Breeding, Cytogenetics, Physiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry of crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers, medicinal plants and forest trees.
3. Dr. K.C. Mehta Award: For outstanding contributions in Plant Protection including Entomology, Plant Pathology, Nematology, Microbiology and Agro-chemicals.
4. Dr. M.S. Randhawa Award: For outstanding contributions in Agricultural Administration, Transfer of Technology and Social Sciences.
5. Dr. N.S. Randhawa Award: For outstanding contributions in Natural Resources Conservation and Management, and Environment Sciences including Agronomy, Meteorology and Agro-forestry.
6. Dr. P. Bhattacharya Award: For outstanding contributions in Animal Sciences/ Animal Production Systems & Fisheries.
The awards from Sl. No. 2 to 6 consist of a citation and a silver plaque, the value of which shall not exceed Rs. 50,000/-.
II. ENDOWMENT AWARDS
The Endowment Awards shall be treated at par with Memorial Awards, including age, for the purpose of eligibility and selection criteria, and carries a citation and silver plaque, the value of which shall not exceed Rs. 50,000/-. The three Endowment Awards are:
III. RECOGNITION AWARDS
These awards are for distinguished contributions to the advancement of knowledge/ technologies in the relevant scientific disciplines of the particular area of agricultural sciences for which the award has been instituted. The research contributions should be based on work carried out in India as evidenced by publications in scientific journals of repute and products and technologies developed. The period of assessing the contributions shall be upto the year of nomination. The awards shall be given to the distinguished scientists in the age group of 35‑55 years in the following areas:
1. Plant Improvement including Genetics, Plant Breeding, Cytogenetics, Physiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry of crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers, medicinal plants and forest trees.
2. Plant Protection including Entomology, Plant Pathology, Nematology, Microbiology, Agro-chemicals and Organic Chemistry.
3. Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences including Natural Resource Management, Soil Science, Water Management, Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Meteorology and Agro-forestry.
4. Animal Sciences including Veterinary Science, Dairy Science, Poultry Science, Fishery and Aquatic Resources.
5. Agricultural Engineering including Farm Machinery & Power, Soil & Water Engineering, Agricultural Process Engineering, Food Science & Nutrition, Food Technology, Textile Chemistry and Computer Application in Agriculture.
6. Social Sciences including Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Statistics, Extension Education, Home Sciences and Bioinformatics.
Each award consists of a citation and a silver plaque, the value of which shall not exceed Rs. 30,000/-.
invites Nominations for Young Scientist Awards for 2023
IV. YOUNG SCIENTISTS’ AWARDS
1. The primary objective of this category of awards is to encourage young scientists of promise and creativity through their contributions to agricultural sciences after obtaining Ph.D. degrees.
2. Scientists below the age of 35 years are eligible for this award.
3. There will be six awards, one in each area of agricultural sciences as given above for the Recognition Awards.
4. Selection will be made on the basis of nominations received in the prescribed proforma.
5. Each award will consist of a citation, and a gold plated silver medal, the value of which shall not exceed Rs. 25,000/-.
(i) Nomination Form can be downloaded from the Academy website www.naas.org.in, duly filled in and sent to the Executive Director, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, NASC, Dev Prakash Sastry Marg, New Delhi-110012 so as to reach the Academy on or before March 31, 2022.
(ii) Serving Office Bearers and Members of the NAAS-EC shall not be eligible for the Awards of the Academy during the period of his/her tenure in the Executive Council.
(iii) Cut-off date for determining age of nominees shall be 31st March of year of inviting the nominations.