GUIDELINES FOR USING ACADEMY FACILITIES
The National Academy of Agricultural Sciences is a premier Apex level Organization founded by eminent Agricultural Scientists in India in 1990 to provide a forum to Agricultural Scientists to interact on important and emerging issues of Agricultural Research and Education and provide views of the scientific community as policy inputs to planners, decision makers at all levels.
To facilitate above interactions, the Academy has equipped its premises with a Lecture Hall, 3 Committee Rooms of various capacities and related projection, audio-visual facilities. The Academy also let’s out those facilities to other organisations for organising Science oriented activities. The guidelines for using these facilities and hiring charges are mentioned hereunder:
1. Facilities would be available only for science-oriented activities.
2. The user should take prior permission/booking for use from Executive Director before issuing notices to participants of the meeting.
3. Bookings would be made for use from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on working days only. In case of requirement prior to or beyond working hours, intimation has to be given at the time of booking; charges on pro-rata basis will be levied for the period extended beyond 2 hrs.
4. Preference will be given to Fellows in case of competing demands.
5. Use of Academy equipment like computer, fax, telephone would be on payment basis at rates to be fixed from time to time; priority would be given to Academy work. Requirement of audio-visual equipment should be intimated at the time of booking/seeking permission.
6. In case of any breakage or damage of the equipment during the use, cost of repair/replacement would be reimbursed to the Academy.
7. No outsider will be authorized to handle Academy property/equipment.
8. Posters/Banners/Publicity material will be displayed only at the specified places provided for the purpose.
9. The rates for using Academy’s facilities are as follows:
|S.No.||Facilities/Area||Sitting Capacity||ICARInstt./ SAU
|Central Govt./State Govt. & Semi-ovt./Autonomous/ PSU/National Societies
|International Organizations/ NGO/Private
|2.||Committee Room I||50||12,500||19,000||22,000*|
|3.||Committee Room II||46||9,500||16,000||19,000*|
|4.||Committee Room III||35||7,500||12,500||15,000*|
|5.||Atrium** (Exhibition/ General purpose/ serving food etc.)||6,500||6,500||6,500|
*Institutional members will be provided a concession of 20% in hiring charges
**Subject to availability; these facilities are available free of cost for those who book NAAS conference facilities
Note: GST @ 18% is applicable
10. CG Institutions, who are Institutional Members of the Academy and organize half a day meeting for 4 hours (9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. or 2.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.) shall be charged 50% hiring charges for conference facilities used.
11. The payment of hiring charges will be made in advance through crossed local cheque/Demand Draft drawn in favour of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences payable at New Delhi, failing which the booking will be treated as cancelled.
12. Rules for Cancellation:-
(i) With 15 days advance notice before the date of the meeting/programme, are entitled to full refund.
(ii) Between 7-15 days advance notice: 50% of the amount paid shall be refunded.
(iii) No amount shall be refunded if less than 7 days notice of cancellation is given.
13. Guesthouse facilities are also available in the Campus, which are under ICAR control. Organizers are requested to approach the Under Secretary (E&M) ICAR [Telefax: 011-25848029] or Caretaker, NASC International Guest House, [Tel: 011-25843145] for booking of Guest House which will be allotted by them on first-come-first served basis.
14. The organizers shall make their own arrangement for lunches/transport themselves.
15. The Organizers are advised to use the signage, catering services from the contractors approved by the ICAR in the campus. M/s Venus Conferences & Exhibitions (P) Ltd., Tel: 32910182, 9999979293, 9810281072 (Mr. Tejinder Batra); and M/s Professional Catering Services Pvt. Ltd., Tel: 9810147093 (Mr. Chandan Singh) are the approved contractors at present for providing the above two services in the campus