National Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Invites Nominations for Young Scientists Awards for the year 2024
(Last date for receipt of Nominations is April 15, 2023)
The National Academy of Agricultural Sciences invites nominations for Young Scientist Awards for the year 2024. Nominations may be submitted to the Academy by Fellows of NAAS/Previous Awardees; DG/DDGs/ ADGs of ICAR; Secretaries of Scientific Departments (Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Earth Sciences, Space, Atomic Energy); Presidents of Science Academies; Directors/Joint Directors of ICAR Research Institutes/NRCs/Project Directorates; Directors of Institutions of CSIR/ICMR; Vice Chancellors/ Directors/Deans of SAUs/CAU; Chairman UGC/ASRB/BARC; Principal Scientific Advisors, GOI; Presidents of all Professional Societies in the field of Agriculture; Heads of CGIAR Centres; Chairman of NGOs engaged in R & D in Agriculture; Concerned Head of the Department/ Institute/University.
SELF NOMINATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
1. The primary objective of this category of awards is to encourage young scientists of promise and creativity through their contributions to agricultural sciences after obtaining Ph.D. degrees.
2. Scientists below the age of 35 years are eligible for this award.
3. There will be eight awards, one in each of the following areas of agricultural sciences:
4. Selection will be made on the basis of nominations received in the prescribed proforma.
5. Each award will consist of a citation, and a gold plated silver medal, the value of which shall not exceed Rs. 25,000/-.
Notes: (i) Online Nomination Form will be available in the Academy’s website www.naasnominations.in from March 5, 2023 onwards. The duly completed Form in all respect may be submitted on or before 15th April 2023.
(ii) Cut-off date for determining the age of nominees shall be 1st January of year of inviting the nominations.