126th Executive Council meeting
126th Executive Council meeting was held on 3 June 2022 under the Chairmanship of the President, Dr. T. Mohapatra. In his opening remarks the President emphasized the need for organizing a roundtable on ‘Agri-Export beyond USD 50 billion’. He also suggested that same approach need to be developed to measure the aspirations of the Farmers. He was happy to share that many of Academy’s recommendations were accepted by the Government. These include Gene editing, GMOs, Biodiversity Act and Pesticide Bill.
Following key decisions were taken:
- Two interaction meetings with Foreign & Pravasi Fellows will be organized in June.
- Two Policy Brainstorming Sessions will be organized in June.
- Receive Concept Note of all planned activities by June 30, 2022.
- Initiate process of inviting suggestions from the Fellowship for filling up vacancies in EC w.e.f. 01.01.2023.
- Annual Report 2021-22 and Audited Report were approved by the Executive Council.
- This year 88 applications have been received in 2022 and 225 are carry forwarded from 2020 and 2021. In all, there will be 313 applications to be considered.
- The last date for receiving the nominations for Fellowship / Associate / Young Scientist Awards will be April 30 from 2023 onwards.